Thursday, December 18, 2008
Dude. I really can't believe it's taken me this long to post this amazing piece of music history. This is a compilation of 1-minute long radio commercials for St. Ides Malt Liquor, performed by a virtual who's-who of early 90's gangster rap artists. Ice Cube, Scarface, The Wu-Tang Clan, EPMD, Rakim, Yo-Yo, and MC Eiht are but a few of the hip hop masterminds present here, proving that petty spats and gang warfare mean nothing in the face of a great cause (such as promoting the best malt liquor around: The motherfuckin' CROOKED 'I'!!!). These guys rallied together despite their differences to produce a truly kick-ass album, something for young and old, black and white, drunk and sober to enjoy TOGETHER. Transcending its obvious value as a mere novelty album, every song presented here HITS HARD, HITS FAST, then GETS THE FUCK OUT.
Check out the track listing below:
1. King Tee "St. Ides"
2. King Tee & DJ Pooh "Forty Ounce Fit for a King"
3. King Tee & DJ Pooh "Tha Bomb Malt Liquor"
4. King Tee & E-Swift "Do Ya Like St. Ides?"
5. King Tee "Do You Wanna Go To The Liqor Store?"
6. E-Swift & King Tee "Let's Have Some St. Ides"
7. Ice Cube & King Tee
8. Ice Cube & DJ Pooh/E-Swift "S.T. Crooked I.D.E"
9. Yo Yo & Cube "Femalt Liquor"
10. Ice Cube & Dj Pooh "All I Want for Christmas"
11. Ice Cube "Jackin for Malt Liquor"
12. Ice Cube "We Don't Want No 8-ball"
13. Ice Cube "Wish They'd Come up with a 12-Pak"
14. Ice Cube & Dj Pooh "Blind Fold Test"
15. Eric B & Rakim "Real Men's Drink"
16. Rakim "Get Some....."
17. Yo Yo & King Tee "You Need A Six-Pack"
18. EPMD & Ice Cube "East Meets West Malt Liquor"
19. Erick Sermon "40 oz or a Can"
20. Kool G Rap, DJ Pooh & Sir Jinx "Getta Grip, Take A Sip"
21. Geto Boys & Cube "5th Ward/South Central Malt"
22. Geto Boys "My Malt's Playin' Tricks On Me"
23. Snoop Doggy Dogg "St Ides in the LBC"
24. Warren G "When We Sippin' On Tha Brew"
25. Nate Dogg "Drank Anthem"
26. MC Eiht "The Brew Took Me Unda"
27. Scarface "Drankin Toon"
28. Wu Tang Clan "Shaolin Brew"
29. Snoop Doggy Dogg "Dogg Food n Drank"
30. Ice Cube "Crooked I for All Ages"
(P.S. Aesop, if you don't have this already, you NEED it. Trust me.)