Monday, December 22, 2008

UNUSED BAND NAMES, VOL. I



As a service to all you struggling musicians out there, here's a list of 10 sweet band names that have fallen by the wayside over the course of my personal musical journey. In the spirit of the Holiday season, these are free for the taking. All I ask is that you choose wisely, and maybe cut me in for half of your future T-shirt sales.

1) BROKEN HIPSTER

2) DEFIANT NIPPLE (Japanese noise-rock band)

3) THROAT YOGURT

4) SLEIGHER (Christmas-themed Slayer cover band)

5) ASS FARM

6) MUNG PLUNGER (better if you know what "mung" is)

7) BUKAKKE STOPLIGHT

8) CODPIECE SYNTHESIZER (Mortiis cover band)

9) NAKED FAMILY OUTING

10) ESTROGENOCIDE (all-female Death Metal band)

3 comments:

Todd said...

Sleigher was a San Francisco based Slayer cover band that modified the lyrics to classic Slayer songs to be Christmas-themed. Stone, curently of Passive Aggressive, previously of Sangre Amado, Blue Angstrom, and others, was a member.

Defunc, now, though, so the name's available.

Todd said...

Hey wait! Are you saying you were a member of Sleigher? If so, awesome.

Also, I meant defunct, not defunc. [Insert joke about bringing the funk here]

Shelby Cobras said...

Dang! I know Stone, he's a cool guy. And I knew it was way too good of an idea to have never been used.

D'oh!