Saturday, February 7, 2009

SATURDAY MORNING DOUBLE FEATURE: HARDCORE 70'S

DEVO - HARDCORE DEVO VOLUMES I & II, 1974-77





I think Henry Rollins put it best when he said, "There are two types of people in the world: those who GET Devo and those who don't".
Here's a collection of what I consider to be their finest hour, a bunch of basement 4-track recordings these sick freaks put together in the mid-70's. These are Devo's salad days, a sizable helping of raw, unpolished electronic dork-rock made BY nerds FOR nerds. These songs alternate between creepiness and hilarity with an unsettling ease, proving that even early on, Devo was truly tuned into some Next Level Shit. PURE. FUCKING. GOLD.
I GET Devo. Do you?

Download Volume 1 HERE

Download Volume 2 HERE




A clip from the amazing film "The Men Who Make The Music", finished in 1979 and released in 1981:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

every copy i've had of these got stolen thanks bro!

RyGar said...

Aaaaahhh, killer. I had VOl. I. and now, Vol. II can annoy my girlfriend and satisfy my reptilian brain! I'm "through being cool."