Sunday, March 22, 2009

Swedish Death Metal Secrets Revealed

By Peter

If you know anything about metal you know that the Swedes have mastered it. Beginning in the early 90's, and continuing today, they have consistently produced excellent musicians and great bands. I've heard several theories attempting to explain the phenomenon. It could be their brutal ancestors or potent booze, but know one knows for sure. While most of us aren't fortunate enough to have been born on Swedish soil with viking blood flowing through our veins there may still be some hope. I uncovered a video of Swedish author/guitar player Daniel Ekeroth explaining the secret of the classic Swedish guitar sound. Check it out...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I recommend the book; it is an entertaining and informative read. It helped fill in gaps in the Swedish Death Metal story for me. I think it is cool that the extreme metal scene is old enough to start to be documented in a serious way.