Friday, December 10, 2010

Chris Naab Chronicles - Chapter 1






I’m having a lot of trouble assembling sentences to properly discuss Chris Naab, something Chris Naab has never had a problem with. The dude is beyond fascinating and bizarre on levels so deep and contradictory that my loose grip on the English language is becomingly increasingly frail when charged with illustrating even a crude a portrait of this perplexing musical icon. Here is a guy who worships NWA, Celtic Frost, Malcolm X, Venom, James Brown, the Butthole Surfers and Elvis all equally and manages to puree them together in everything he says or does. A Hessian Black Panther with 10,000 LPs, lurking in his urban tower drinking several warm 2 litters of Pepsi a day, expounding on the virtues of two bass drums vs “cheater pedals” while wearing a t-shirt for Hitler’s European Tour and chain smoking Newports outside of a Compton swap meet.






With Sinnerjizm, we see just one example of his dementedly bizarre genre hybridism but there are literally dozens of different diverse musical projects combining many traditionally distant genres. Unless I loose interest, we’ll get into some more of those in the weeks to come.






Interesting Naab Factiod: Naab currently plays in an Alice Cooper tribute band with Don Bowles of the Germs (above). Rumor is they sound more like Hawkwind than Alice Cooper.



Also, these music videos were cut together by the bands organ player, an equally mysterious figure known only as The Lord. There is just so much weirdness stashed away in the Chris Naab Chronicles that I’m getting vertigo just peering over into the rabbit hole.

If you’re curious, you can check out Sinnerjizm’s Inject Them With Rabies, a soundtrack for a movie no one ever made.



FUCK YOU NAAB, I'M DOING YOU A FAVOR

7 comments:

The Thing That Should Not Be said...

Seanford, this stuff is seriously INCREDIBLE. I LOVE the second track and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the video. I guess this cat is a local phenomenon who is unknown outside SF?

I want more more MORE, now now NOW.

Ambassador MAGMA said...

I want this to be the last thing I hear before I die

Shelby Cobras said...

Thing: Sean lives in LA.

Ambassador: I can arrange that.

SEANFORD said...

Reminding everyone I currently live in LA is like how you always tell your friends I’m adopted.


More, heavier Naab on the way.

The Thing That Should Not Be said...

Ahhh, now it makes sense.

Anonymous said...

This shit is INCREDIBLE. Unable to further elaborate. Thanks for putting it out there.

Anonymous said...

Chris Naab is a living legend