Thursday, January 15, 2009

DIAMOND DAVE REVEALED TO ACTUALLY BE CUBIC ZIRCONIA



A couple months back I had the pleasure of hearing David Lee Roth's isolated vocal track from Van Halen's 1978 hit "Runnin With The Devil". While the recording is by no means obscure (I believe I heard it on local "alternative rock" station 105.3), it is absolutely hilarious, as Diamond Dave belts it out like a madman, screaming and whistling in a coke-induced frenzy. The absence of backing music really brings out the nuances of his performance, from the partied-out hoarseness of his voice to the slurred delivery of the line "Goddammit baby I ain't lyin to ya I'm only gonna tell ya one timEEEEEAAAAAYYYYEEEEAAAHHHH!!!"
If you haven't heard it already, here's a YouTube video with the track in its entirety:


Wow. If you found that AT ALL amusing you should get your ass over to this website immediately. I can tell you firsthand, it is HOURS AND HOURS of fun.

2 comments:

TMM said...

This thing is all over the classic rock stations. Have you heard the one where they transpose it over the Billie Jean instrumental. it's pretty dope...

Cory said...

http://www.shitbagz.com/