Saturday, May 15, 2010

Ride The Lightning; Stoned.

Yo whats up you crispy critters.

Its Saturday, and if I know you, you've been getting hella stoned for, like, 5 hours or so by now (I'm looking at you Manslaughter). Probably using something like this...



Well I have something for your stoney weekend afternoon. Some brilliant son of a bitch out there decided to rip some Metal Licka at 33rpm. It instantly transforms the classic thrash record into a heavy psychedelic album of awesomeness. Dont take my word for it, check it out here.

Enjoy.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

AAAaaahhhhhhhhhh! Thank youuu! This ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuules!!

stargraves said...

I used to enjoy listening to my 45's on 33rpm - Esp Carcass' Tools of the trade. It became also stupidly heavy. Will have to fetch my record player from the loft one summers day - rig it up in the back garden and get a huge bag of green - a perfect way to spend a weekend.

steve57 said...

I used to do this with my double RTL, sweet...

see also: playing side 2 of In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida at 45

Shelby Cobras said...

Peter: Shaxul plays this record at the wrong speed in his store sometimes. Dude is always abreast of the situation.

I've actually heard less-experienced Hessians come in and ask if it's "the new Celtic Frost". LOL.

Manslaughter said...

Ahahah. Dude you know me so well. I need a new watermelon bro. This totally rulez by the way.

Steven said...

You young'uns do know that 33&1/3 is the standard rotational velocity of a LP?

I recommend Black Sabbath's "Paranoid" at 16 revs/min. That's a heavy trip. At the other end of the scale, I'd be game to hear some early Godflesh, Winter, or Thergothon at 78...

Mister Booze said...

This is pretty sweet. Kinda reminds me of Bolt Thrower.

I wonder what Morbid Angel would sound like sped up?