Welcome to the first official day of Winter, my friends!
To celebrate, we here at Illogical Contraption are proud to debut our first ever musical COMPILATION (don't call it a fucking "mixtape", hipster), comprised of songs about snow, ice, freezing, and hoary lands of frostbound lore. Heck, there's even a couple Christmas songs in there, and they won't even make you feel like a fucking pussy!
1) Basil Poledouris - Winter (Interlude from Red Dawn)
2) Rob Halford - Get Into The Spirit (from his Christmas album Winter Songs, released 2009)
3) Captain Beyond - Frozen Over
4) Agoraphobic Nosebleed - Thawing Out
5) Immortal - Cryptic Winterstorms
6) Anvil - Blood On The Ice
7) Impaled Northern Moonforest - Lustfully Worshipping The Inverted Moongoat While Skiing Down The Inverted Necromountain Of Necrodeathmortum
8) Run DMC - Christmas In Hollis
9) Judas Priest - Winter/Deep Freeze/Winter Retreat/Cheater
10) 3 Inches of Blood - Balls of Ice
11) Black Sabbath - Snowblind
12) Impaled Northern Moonforest - Masturbating On The Unholy Inverted Tracks Of The Grim And Frostbitten Necrobobsledders
13) Sodom - Nuclear Winter
14) King Diamond - No Presents For Christmas
15) Operation Ivy - Freeze Up
16) Anaal Nathrakh - Ice Blasting Storm Winds
17) Thor - Thunder On The Tundra
18) Blood Reaping - Freezing Slaughter
19) Metallica - Trapped Under Ice
20) Snow - Informer (from the album 12 Inches of Snow)
PS: Indulge the Pretentious Author for a moment -- These songs are meant to represent a semi-coherent linear idea, and are best heard in this particular order. The files have been re-numbered accordingly, so after you download, just drop the whole file into its own playlist. Transfer that playlist to your iPod (or portable mp3 player of choice), and enjoy these songs in the exact way God (aka Cobras) intended.
And for you lovers of Old Media, this compilation clocks in at just under 1 hour and 19 minutes, the perfect length to be transferred onto a Compact Discus!