Thursday, December 3, 2009

Devil Music - Mastul - Mister Records 2003



Hello. I asked Shelby if I could post a few things here on "IC" and he said "I'm down". I hope everyone else is as enthusiastic.

Devil Music (now known as Devil Music Ensemble) is a Boston based trio primarily known for recreating soundtracks for films like The Cabinet of Dr Caligari and Nosferatu, as well as proggy interpretations of modern classical stuff. Mastul is their first album, from 2003, and (for me at least) is reminiscent of early Amon Duul II. I discovered it several years ago collecting dust in a college radio station I was "working" at and it's been one of my favorites ever since. Hope you enjoy it.

website

dl

1 comment:

Shelby Cobras said...

This is superbly creepy stuff. Thanks for the share, Jack, I hope to read more from you soon.