Tuesday, July 7, 2009

THOR + CRONOS - PANTS = FUCK YEAH

I don't usually re-post stuff I find on other blogs (I'll leave that to the slackers over at MetalSucks*), but this one is just too goddamn amazing to pass up. Bazillion Points, blog of metal author and aficionado Ian Christe, recently posted a three-page comic featuring Jon Mikl Thor in a fight to the death with Cronos from Venom (clad in naught but a pair of leather short shorts), defending the honor of Thor's GF, Pantera. Originally appearing in Kerrang! #68, May 1984, this series of images is quite simply the BEST thing I've EVER seen, and deserved (nay, DEMANDED) to be posted here on Illogical Contraption (click each image to see a super hi-res version -- I highly recommend doing so).





*Has anyone else been paying attention to this "Top 21 Albums of the 21st Century" series they've been doing over at MetalSucks? God, it's AWFUL. Lamb of God, Mastodon, Opeth, Slipknot, Lamb of God, Mastodon, Opeth, Slipknot, Lamb of God, etc. etc... Those guys are great at what they do and all, but I'm starting to get a little queasy over what brand of "metal" they're rocking over there. No offense, dudes, I'm just sayin'....

No comments: