Thursday, February 11, 2010

MEET JAKE

Meet young Jake. He has a couple of Youtube videos up and I thought I'd give him some promo by debuting them here on the ol' IC. Jake is the future of music. He has a room with a pa, a sweet Peavy combo amp, some bitchin guitars (a different one in each video!), some posters and 45's on the wall. His guitar styling remind me of one Shelby Cobras. Check out Jake's sick Nirvana covers.



It's not over!



...And perhaps Jake's finest work. Check out the solo at 3:45. It's absolutely BRUTAL.



Jake is new to Youtube. His videos have about 120 views each. Show Jake some support by leaving him a comment. He loves to respond!



Editor's Note: Meet Cory. He's new around here. He sings in a band and likes to make fun of people. Show Cory some support by leaving him a comment. He loves to respond!

11 comments:

Helm said...

I laughed at how the Enter Sandman thing sounds nothing like nothing ever

mikeTM said...

they should make gitars, like, easier to play, kinda like gitar herro. this guy is pretty good, i think if he keeps practising he can be the next chad kroeger

Shelby Cobras said...

These videos are chillingly close to the reality of my life circa 1992-93. Same songs, but Jake has WAY better equipment than I did. Thank God there was no YouTubes back then.

Helm said...

'thank god there's no youtube back then' is a thought I have often.

Erik said...

Check this out: Jake shows how to straighten hair

shargraves said...

actually I thought the 2nd Nirvana cover an improvement....

Steven said...

In the tradition of Jimi Hendrix re-interpreting "All Along the Watchtower", so Jake has created the definitive version of "Enter Sandman."

Nice work, kid.

Camellia sinensis said...

Jake rules. I applaud his spirit of musical expression as a testament that the guitar is no easy beasty.

Cory said...

that being said, dude should probably learn how to play a bar chord.

mattack said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mattack said...

I periodically have to go back and watch a few of Jake's videos... I want to know more about this kid. He's got really nice equipment. Everything he plays is just wrong. His Smells Like Teen Spirit cover leaves me speechless...

Is this guy for real?