Friday, November 6, 2009

FALL OF THE BASTARDS - DUSK OF AN ANCIENT AGE (2004)


I had the distinct priviledge of seeing Fall of the Bastards only once before their untimely demise, at the historic El Rio in San Francisco. Holy shit did they blow me away.
Apocalyptic, thrash-y, death-y, crustcore/black metal is what I would call it, delivered in a flurry of dreadlocks, malevolence, and fists thrust triumphantly skyward. Absolutely fucking scathing and br00tal. FotB were from Portland, Oregon, and only existed from 2000-2005 before dissolving into other bands like Oakhelm and Splatterhouse. And while the latter two bands rule sufficiently, I hold a dear place in my heart for Fall of the Bastards, one of the most evil, ripping, and vicious bands to ever come out of the Pacific Northwest. Don't believe me?

Download it HERE


Oakhelm on Myspace
Splatterhouse on Myspace
Fall of the Bastards on Myspace

1 comment:

Steven said...

This does indeed rock. Hard.