Monday, August 9, 2010

MAJORITY RULE

I don't know much about Washington D.C. band Majority Rule except that a band I was in a decade ago played with them in the basement of an all ages collective one Sunday night in St. Louis Missouri. The crowd in attendance consisted of the other bands that played that night, and since no one made any money we just traded perephenalia. The result was this Self Titled demo from 2000.


I'm not sure what sort of generic constraints one would (or should) place on Majority Rule. I don't have much interest in the nuances of classification anyway, except from a sociological standpoint.On their  Myspace they call themselves "punk", I think it's too spooky, emotional and cathartic for that label exclusively. So years after that rainy night in St. Louis was pierced by screaming and grinding noises (emotional and cathartic!) I found myself still enamored with this band and decided to find out if they had released something else. I wound up with this 2003 full length Emergency Numbers. (the second of three albums)



Sadly for you it looks like Majority Rule broke up in 2006 so you can't see 'em live anymore, but you can buy their other albums right there on their MySpace page, which you should.

2 comments:

The Goodkind said...

I realize my post said "emotional" but rage and destroy are also emotions are they not sir?

Shelby Cobras said...

You'll have to excuse Mr. Hearse, word around the campfire is that he's still pretty broken up about Jerry Garcia.