Monday, May 2, 2011

I must atone...




















I feel pretty bad about subjecting you all to one of my many guilty pleasures in my last post, and seeing as how I'll be away from internet-land for a couple of weeks, I didn't want to leave you with a bad taste in your mouth, so I figured I'd hip you good people to a band I just recently heard of, courtesy of the very awesome Hammer Smashed Sound.

Brooklyn-based skronky Death-Metallers Pyrrhon. I figured these guys would fit right in over here, being as they are some kind of Gorguts, Ulcerate, Human Remains and Deathspell Omega-like smorgasbord of tricksy riffage, atonal skronk and balls-out brutality. Here, check 'em out for yourselves...



Pretty darned tasty, right?

These guys strike me as being right up Cobras alley, so here's hoping they catch on around here. The track above is from their new album 'An Excellent Servant But a Terrible Master',which is available at their Bandcamp page as a 'name your own price' download. I URGE you to get over there and purchase it for however much you can afford. It really is a great album.





















Now, this being the twenty-first century - for most of us, anyway - you can tell the guys in Pyrrhon how much you love 'em via either the old-school way, if you still use MySpace, or, for those down wit' the kids aight, over at Facebook. The choice, as ever, is YOURS.

As I said earlier, I'll be mostly off-line for a few weeks now, but i didn't want to leave you empty-handed, so here is a track from Pyrrhon's debut EP 'Fever Kingdoms'...



...and HERE is a link to that EP for you to download, which I totally stole from Death Metal Invasion.




















Now g'wan, SCRAM you kids, before I get all verklemmt....

1 comment:

Dave said...

These are totally nice dudes as well as great musicians, i've met them after a few shows. also, they're super young guys, so i'm hoping we can look forward to lots of cool developments with this band.