Tuesday, May 3, 2011

ILLOGICAL CONTRAPTION vs. AL QAEDA


So, as anyone who has corresponded with me via the blog already knows, illogicalcontraption(at)yahoo(dot)com was hacked in the wee hours of Tuesday, May 3rd, by forces unknown. Just to clear things up, I am NOT in fact in London, and I have NOT in fact been robbed. I don't need any money. Please stop sending it, as you are only funding terrorism.
Oh yeah, did I mention that the vast government conspiracy culminating in the security penetration of the IllCon email account has been directly linked to the assassination of Osama bin Laden (more like Osama bin Trippin', amirite!?) and the overarching takeover plot of his shapeshifting reptilian overlords? Because it has.
Anyway, counter-hack measures have been taken already, but the EXTRA shitty part is that the turd who hacked my account deleted every saved email in the 2 and a half year history of the blog (about 700 total), along with all of my contacts. So if you guys want to keep in touch, please send a fresh message so I have your info. Sorry for the bullshit.

On a semi-related note, why the fuck did all the link text on IllCon turn blue? It used to be red text that turned green when you hovered and grey when visited. Now it's just blue with no hover and purple when visited. I checked all the HTML in my template and nothing has changed, could this be a retaliatory al Qaeda plot as well? I dunno. If anyone with better tech skills than me (which is probably most of you) has an idea how to fix this shit let me know.

Sorry again, guys, and thanks for your patience.

Click for full size. This is old, but I still think it's kinda funny.
Fuck you, Yahoo.

12 comments:

RyGar said...

I was going to say something about the obnoxious, blue text, but I didn't want to tell you how to do your shit, ya know? I sent some of my home-made money to that dude in England, which should only increase its value overseas. Igbay Rotherbay isay atchingway.

RyGar said...

change it :
View Blog > Design > Template Designer > Advanced > Visited link color. I don't ever fuck with HTML, Blogger is made for dummies like me.

Shelby Cobras said...

Yeah I've actually done that but it's still stuck looking all blue and shitty. I'm stumped.

JGD said...

God, I'd be so bummed if some terrorist changed the color scheme of my blog.

Condolences, guys.

Shelby Cobras said...

I'm not going to come right out and request it, technically, but usually in situations like this people will set up at least like a relief fund or something...

The Thing That Should Not Be said...

I'm actually IN England and decided to just leave you to rot...;-)

eilif said...

Hi, had a look at your HTML and CSS. I'm thoroughly mediocre at this sort of thing, but I think it's a cross browser compatibility problem, that is, the blog displays correctly in Chrome - red links, green hover, grey clicked link - but incorrectly in Firefox - blue links etc. I don't currently have access to other browsers for testing...

Anyhow, using Firebug to inspect, this popped up in your CSS:

p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {
font-family:"Times New Roman";
font-size:12pt;
margin:0 0 0.0001pt;
}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink {
color:blue;
text-decoration:underline;
}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed {
color:purple;
text-decoration:underline;
}

It's in a file called illogical contraption.blogspot.com #4? Dunno, hard to look at your filestructure with Firebug. The problem seems to be that Firefox and maybe some other browsers are ignoring css rules for various link types and are inheriting from this instead. So if you change blue and purple to #CC0000 and #666666 respectively in this file, you should get your red and grey back? (I tested using Firebug, and it worked.) Sorry, I can't figure out why the green hover doesn't work. Maybe if you add a hover rule to this file and set the color to #00FF80 that will do it? But I can't test that from my computer.

It's a weird file to exist and I don't even know if it's necessary. I'd try disabling it temporarily and see if the site breaks in any browsers, but that might be taking a hammer to the problem.

Well, hope this helps. email's vicious.koi@gmail.com if you've questions.

eilif said...

Correction: landing page looks shitty in Chrome too, individual posts display correctly. So it's just an inheritance problem.

Also, if you want the green hover on links, add this snippet to that problematic file:

a:hover, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed {
color:#00FF80;
text-decoration:underline;
}

Figured out how to test it, so it should be good.

Helm said...

my favourite thing with that e-mail was how when i asked if you'd been hacked, the guy wrote back being all no I am totally sincere my friend

Shelby Cobras said...

Wow, awesome. Will look into it and let you know if I have any questions. Thanks a million!

Aylmer said...

So what email addy are you using? A new one?

I need to get in touch with you to get all your bank details/credit card numbers/SSN and my £950 back.

Thank you with kindness and sincerity.

Jim Colvill said...

Did you go there for the royal wedding? Pretty un-metal bro. Just sayin'....