Saturday, October 8, 2011

MY... EMPIRE... IS... CRUMBLIIIIINNNNGGGG!!!!!!


I feel his pain.

It's true. I feel his pain deeply. The once-bustling corporate endeavor that was Illogical Contraption 2010 has faded to a pale glimmer in 2011, and despite the modicum of recognition/success achieved by our spin-off podcast (last night's episode was off the chain), the "original" creature (you're looking at it), has become old and weak.
There are several reasons Uncle Cobras can't keep up the old pace, most of them positive: I'm creating music with 4 separate bands now, working on 3 albums and a new radio show. I'm super fucking busy, and that's how I like it. Quite honestly, I'd rather be creating my own music than writing about other people's music. But I'm not bailing on you guys, oh no. Far from it.

I'm not the only one neglecting IllCon, though. Seanford's last post was 3 months ago. Peter's was almost a year. Cory: just over 2 months. Manslaughter: 5. The Thing bailed on part 2 of a 4-parter a month and a half ago. Aylmer's been silent for two months. The Goodkind: 4. It seems the whole staff has lost interest to some extent.
I don't point these things out because I want anyone to feel guilty--much to the contrary, in fact. I fully appreciate all the time and effort these folks have put into IC, and understand that everyone has plenty of other shit going on. Such is the fickle nature of the internet. I think all you guys are the best, no secrets there. The reason I bring it up is that I think it's time (once again) to bring in some new blood, and pump some new life into the decrepit old husk that is Illogical Contraption.

I'll keep it brief here:

IllCon is hiring again, and anyone who wants to contribute/re-invent/re-design this thing is welcome. We need a makeover, we need new ideas, and we need folks who like to write about all ilk of crazy, twisted, epic shit. I don't have the time I once did to throw into this blog, but the kingdom is expanding, and you creative types should get on board now so that we can all be millionaires when Nibiru hits in 2012.
Send a message to illogicalcontraption@yahoo.com if you want in. I'm particularly interested in folks with design skills, not only for this blog but also the Tumblr and certain aspects of IC Radio. So there's that.

I'm going on an awesome vacation for the next week, far far from the hustle and bustle of internet "culture". So things will be pretty dead around here. But keep an eye out for mass wackiness and big changes when I get back. May the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ bless and keep you until my return.

HERE'S TO THE FUTURE.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was the Dizfagtard shit that killed
this blog. Good luck with everything.

RyGar said...

^Hahahaha. That dude is still hurtin'. Keep the hate alive Mr. Anonymous Commenter.

In all seriousness, though: I wish the best for the blog, I hope it keeps on keepin' on, and that ya'll get some some new blood. I'd volunteer, myself, but I think you've got enough lazy assholes 'round here.

Jack said...

of course, there's nothing that will attract new writers better than the presence of an obsessive, hateful, anonymous commenter. volunteer writers love that sort of stuff.